How to Play Crossword
- Sign in to ALC.ca and choose "Pick'n Click". You'll be taken to the Pick'N Click games page. Click on "Crossword" and the game board will appear.
- To start your game, click the PAY button and confirm your purchase. Now you're ready to fill in your crossword!
- Complete as many words as you can by choosing and uncover 18 of 26 possible letters. They will automatically be marked each time they appear in the crossword puzzle.
- If you uncover at least 6 words, you win a prize. The more words completed using these 18 letters, the higher the prize. Prizes range from $1 to $1,000 You can only win one prize per game. If your wins match two or more winning combinations, you will be awarded the greater value prize.
- When you win a prize, you can choose to play "Double Up!" or conclude the game by taking your prize. All winnings will be automatically deposited into your account.
- In Double Up, you will be presented with nine (9) newspapers. Open any three (3) of the nine (9) newspapers. If one of the newspapers has a crossword puzzle in it, you win and your prize amount is doubled. If you win and your prize does not exceed $249, you have the option to double up again. If none of your newspapers has a crossword puzzle, you lose those winnings.
A note about Double Up!
In the Double up round, you have a chance to double your prize, as long as the bet does not exceed $249. If you choose to double up and you win, you double those winnings. If you choose to double up and you lose, you lose those winnings.
If a purchased game is interrupted, your unfinished game will be saved in the "Incomplete" tab found at the bottom of the page. Interrupted games must be completed within seven (7) days of the purchase date. If the game is not completed within the designated time frame, you automatically forfeit your game purchase and any potential prize.