The information on this Site has been made available in order to provide web users in Atlantic Canada with information about Atlantic Lottery (AL), its products and its operations. The information is provided for the use of residents of Atlantic Canada.
These terms apply to any and all use and operation of AL's Sites. Sites- includes AL's websites, including mobile websites, mobile and/or interactive applications, online service platforms, email messages, or any other electronic internet or telecommunications technology used by or on behalf of AL to transmit, transfer, receive, communicate or otherwise exchange information or data.
In no event or circumstance is AL, its officers, employees or agents, liable, whether in contract, tort or any other principle of law, for any losses or damages of whatever nature, including, without limitation, any damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data, arising in any manner from (i) the use of this Site, whether directly or through a hyperlinked site, (ii) modification or discontinuance of this Site or (iii) from any errors, omissions, inaccuracies, or any misleading or out-of-date information, whether contained on this Site or as received by the user of this Site, even if AL, its officers, employees or agents were aware or should have been aware that such loss or damage could occur.
Copyright and Trademark Information
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs or other content in the pages of the Site are trade names or trade-marks owned by AL or trade names or trade-marks licensed to them. Any unauthorized downloading, re-transmission, or other copying or modification of trademarks and/or the contents of the Site may be in violation of any federal or other law that may apply to trade-marks and/or copyrights and could subject the copier to legal action. Unless otherwise specified, no one has permission to copy, redistribute, reproduce, republish, store in any medium, re-transmit, modify or make public or commercial use of, in any form, the Information residing on the Site.
Individuals must be 19 years of age or older to purchase any type of product sold by AL.
Sale of Lottery Products
AL sells lottery products through more than 6,200 retailers, located throughout the four Atlantic provinces and via the internet through www.alc.ca. AL does not authorize anyone to sell its products on the Internet.
Accuracy of Information
While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this Site (including game results information) no warranty of accuracy is expressed or implied. Also, information may be changed or updated without notice. AL may also make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the programs described in this information at any time without notice. Users of this Site should refer to AL's official lottery results, game instructions and rules, which override any information contained on this Site.
AL is pleased to hear from consumers and welcomes your comments regarding this Site and/or our products. However, it is our policy not to accept unsolicited ideas about new products, games, advertising or marketing concepts and/or improvements. We employ staff and consultants who may be working on ideas that are the same or similar to yours. This policy is to avoid confusion about our ownership of new concepts. If you do send us a message about a proposed idea, your message will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential and becomes our property and may or may not be used by us for any purpose, at our sole discretion.
We may, at our discretion, provide links to other websites that we think may be of interest to our users. By providing links, we are not endorsing the material at those websites and we are not responsible for the material at any other website. Likewise, the existence of a link to another website does not imply that the person or organization at that site endorses any of the materials at this Site. Also, a link found from another site to AL's Site does not necessarily imply an affiliation between that website author and AL.
These Rules And Regulations Form Part Of Any Lottery Contract
1. In these Rules and Regulations:
- "Control number" means the number printed or encoded on a ticket to assist in determining the validity of the ticket and the authenticity of the information or other markings imprinted thereon as well as other relevant data;
- "computer system" means the central computer system of the Atlantic Lottery Corporation located in Moncton, New Brunswick;
- "Corporation" means the Atlantic Lottery Corporation;
- "distributor" means a person authorized by the Corporation to distribute or sell tickets to retailers;
- "holder" means a person having possession of a ticket;
- "lottery" means a lottery scheme within the meaning of the Criminal Code conducted and managed under the authority of the Corporation;
- "money prize" means a sum of money payable to the holder of a winning ticket;
- "number" means one or more digits, one or more letters, one or more markings or any combination thereof;
- "person" includes a Corporation;
- "prize" means a money prize or any other property or benefit to which the holder of a winning ticket is entitled;
- "retailer" means a person authorized by the Corporation to sell tickets to the public;
- "selection" means a number or numbers chosen by a person participating in a lottery or by a computer on behalf of such person and entitling such person to participate in a lottery;
- "ticket" means a ticket, certificate, or other instrument issued under a lottery and authorized for sale by the Corporation;
- "valid ticket" means a ticket which is not void; and
- "winning ticket" means a valid ticket which bears one or more numbers or one or more selections entitling its holder to a prize according to the conditions established by the Corporation.
2. No person shall advertise or use the name, trademark, official marks and logos of the Corporation or any other characteristics used to identify a lottery without the written authorization of the Corporation.
Sale of Tickets
3. Tickets may be sold to the public by the Corporation throughout the Atlantic provinces or by a retailer within the place or area where such retailer is authorized, but the Corporation, may at any time and at its discretion, refuse to issue tickets bearing any selection, or limit the number of selections that may be made by or the number of tickets that may be sold to any person(s).
4. Except as authorized by the Corporation, no ticket may be sold to the public at a price other than that shown thereon.
5. The Corporation may establish discounts or commissions with respect to the sale of tickets to distributors and retailers within the Atlantic region.
6. The sale of tickets to individuals under the age of nineteen (19) years and the purchase of tickets by individuals under the age of nineteen (19) years are prohibited, and prizes related to such tickets will not be paid or awarded to anyone.
7. A draw in a lottery may be made by any method established by the Corporation and may be held at such time and place as the Corporation determines.
8. When a draw in a lottery cannot be held on the date fixed, such draw shall be held as soon as practicable thereafter.
9. Any ticket,
- other than a ticket awarded as a prize, for which payment has not been received prior to the date on which it would have, but for such non-payment, become a winning ticket
- which is un-issued, altered, counterfeited, forged or produced in error, or which is in any material manner illegible, mutilated, defective, misprinted, or otherwise incomplete, or
- which is issued by a computer terminal and i) which has been canceled by the retailer, or ii) for which the computer entries have not been recorded or have been lost as a result of a computer failure or otherwise, is void and shall not in any case entitle its holder to a prize. A void ticket shall not entitle a holder to a refund of the amount paid, if any, except where the Corporation is able to determine, from the control number and other data appearing on such ticket, that it is a ticket duly issued at the time where it is alleged to have been issued and not subsequently canceled at the request of the holder. Moreover, a ticket on which a spot bearing the words "void if removed" when such a spot has in fact been removed or exposed in a manner such that any portion of the number concealed under such spot has been exposed is void and shall not entitle its holder in a prize nor to a refund of the amount paid, if any.
10. Subject to the provisions of section 9 hereof, if any ticket issued by a computer terminal bears entries that differ from the entries which are recorded in the computer system under the control number appearing on such ticket, then such ticket shall not be void, but shall conclusively be deemed to bear the entries which are so recorded in the computer systems.
Payment of Prizes
11. The Corporation has no obligation to pay or deliver a prize unless the holder of a winning ticket
- gives the Corporation the right to publish his/her name, address and/or recent photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing, royalty, or other rights;
- if requested by the Corporation, gives satisfactory evidence of identification and/or a valid release for the prize and undertakes to indemnify and save the Corporation harmless from any further claims made by either such holder or by any other person regarding such prize;
- endorses the winning ticket or provides the Corporation with a duly attested Power of Attorney allowing another person to endorse the winning ticket on his/her behalf; and
- upon request, satisfies the Corporation that he/she was nineteen (19) years of age or older at the time the winning ticket was purchased.
12. Retailers and distributors incur no liability toward anyone in the case of acts of God, fortuitous events or force majeurs. In all other cases, whether the liability is contractual or in tort or delictual, including negligence on their part or that of their employees, the liability of retailers and distributors is limited to the amount paid for the ticket.
13. The Corporation incurs no liability toward anyone in the case of acts of God, fortuitous events, or force majeurs. In all other cases whether the liability is contractual or in tort or delictual, including negligence on its part or that of its employees, the liability of the Corporation is limited, if the claim is based on a valid winning ticket, to the cost to the Corporation of the prize won with such ticket or otherwise, to the amount paid for the ticket.
14. Except for money prizes, the Corporation may, in its sole discretion, substitute for any prize i) the cash equivalent to the Corporation's cost of such prize or ii) a prize of any equivalent cost to the Corporation. No representation or warranty as to the fitness and serviceability of any merchandise or service prize is given or to be implied.
15. No right of action exists against the Corporation with respect to any draw, ticket or prize, unless the claimant:
- satisfies the Corporation that he/she is the holder of a valid ticket and, when he/she claims a prize, that such ticket is a winning ticket, and that the conditions of section 11 have been fulfilled; and
- produces a written claim and such winning ticket to the Corporation prior to the expiry of one (1) year commencing on the date of the draw or within the time limit otherwise specified on the ticket, whichever is earliest
16. In the event of any dispute with regard to a prize, the Corporation may in the case of money prize, pay the money into Court or as directed by the Court and, in the case of any other prize, deliver the prize or evidence of entitlement thereto to the Court pending determination of the matter by a Court of competent jurisdiction.
17. A person who makes claim for a prize is conclusively deemed to represent and warrant to the Corporation that he/she is the person or holder lawfully entitled to receive such prize, and such representation and warranty shall survive the awarding of the prize.
18. These rules and regulations apply to all lotteries conducted and managed under the authority of the Corporation and all tickets issued under such lotteries. The rules and regulations, the conditions and explanations appearing on tickets and such other conditions as are established by the Corporation, including, without restriction the generality of the foregoing, the conditions appearing on selection forms and prize structure statements, constitute the contractual rights and obligations with respect to lotteries. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these rules and regulations and the conditions and explanations appearing on a ticket or such other conditions as are established by the Corporation, these rules and regulations shall prevail.
19. The Corporation may from time to time amend these rules and regulations
20. Where the context so requires, in these rules and regulations, the neuter gender shall include the feminine or masculine gender and vice versa, and the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
21. In the event any provision of these rules and regulations, of the conditions and explanations appearing on a ticket or of such other conditions as are established by the Corporation are determined by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, such determination shall solely affect such provision and shall not, in itself, render void or unenforceable the remaining provisions thereof.
Electronic Service Delivery (Internet) - Player Protection Policy (October 5, 2012)
1.0 Policy Statement
The Atlantic Lottery Corporation (AL) will pursue and implement reasonable protection measures for the prevention and the reduction of risky behaviour in the electronic service delivery environment.
2.0 Goals of the Policy
This policy provides AL with the appropriate responsiveness to successfully and safely maintain electronic service delivery within its jurisdiction, while achieving the level of integrity that earns trust and respect from players as well as non-gambling audiences.
AL strives to present the best possible balanced environment for electronic service delivery (internet) to satisfy the broadest player base. Within best-known practices and information, AL makes certain to:
• Maintain an entertainment experience that focuses on harmless fun.
• Enable players to make informed gaming decisions.
• Provide proactive features to reduce the likelihood of a player developing harmful gambling behaviours and reduce the ability for a player to abuse play.
• Promote responsible use of AL products. Continuously enhance the public’s trust in AL’s integrity.
3.0 Player Protection
In keeping with its mission, vision and values, AL has implemented reasonable player protection measures and strategies aimed at reducing possible problem gambling risks. These strategies are based on best available knowledge related to problem identification and risk reduction, and employs player protection concepts consistent with the capabilities of the gaming system and play environment.
4.0 Mandatory Controls
AL acknowledges its corporate role in problem gambling risk management and has established, and from time to time will review specific wagering, deposit and behaviour controls to address or mitigate the potential for harmful player behaviour.
As changes in knowledge and prevention concepts become known, AL has the right to evaluate, test or implement such changes. This policy does not require an indefinite continuation of protection features or concepts, and equally does not require an adoption of new or evolving concepts.
Atlantic Lottery Online Privacy Notice
Last Updated: September 20, 2013
Atlantic Lottery (“AL”, “we”, “us”) takes your right to privacy seriously. You have a right to know what we do with your personal information and we want to make sure you understand the choices available to you when we collect it. Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) applies to Atlantic Lottery and directs how we can use your personal information. Our commitment to privacy is based upon the 10 principles outlined in PIPEDA and this privacy notice demonstrates how we abide by these principles. It explains:
-what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it;
-the choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Please read about some of the terms we use in our privacy notice like cookies, IP addresses, aggregate data, and how they relate to your information.
Aggregate data - Data combined from a variety of sources that does not include personal information.
Cookie – Cookies are small non-executable text files that are stored on your device by websites that you visit. Cookies are be used for authentication, to store preferences, passwords, user IDs as well as business or marketing information. Atlantic Lottery uses both session and permanent cookies. Neither is tied to personally identifiable information about you. Session cookies are used to maintain your transactions with Atlantic Lottery and are active only during the period you are logged on to our sites. They are removed when you leave. They help us track the sections of the website that you use. We then use the information to make improvements to our sites. Permanent cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the sites and store specific browsing information (e.g. how you arrive at our site, what pages you choose to view, which options you select, what language you select, what information you enter and what path you take through the site.) They remain on your device’s hard drive when you leave our sites. You can remove them by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
Device – Any electronic instrument used to connect to the internet and our sites.
Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) – Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a unique number knows as an Internet protocol (IP) address. Since these numbers are usually assigned in country-based blocks, an IP address can often be used to identify the country from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
Personal information - This is information which you provide to us or make accessible to us through social media channels, which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, account information, or any information you provide us or allow us to access through any of our Sites as well as any other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Atlantic Lottery.
Server Logs – Like most websites, our servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit our sites. These “server logs” typically include your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Sites – "Sites" include ALC's websites, mobile and/or interactive applications, online service platforms, email messages, or any other electronic, internet or telecommunications technology used by or on behalf of ALC to transmit, tranfer, receive communicate or otherwise exchange information or data.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs) – We retain a third party software technology provider to use Web Beacons/Web Bugs, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, used to track the online movement of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your Device’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your personal information.
What Personal Information does AL collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. Information we get from your use of our services
When you browse, interact with our ads and content or download information from our Sites, our servers automatically collect information for traffic monitoring and statistical purposes. The information we collect does not allow us to identify you and includes, but is not limited to:
-Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of the device used to access our sites.
-The operating system and the type and version of browser used to access our sites;
-Device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifies, and mobile network information including phone number)
-The internet service provider you used to visit our sites;
-The dates and times you accessed our sites;
-The pages you visited; and
-The names and sizes of files you requested.
We analyze this information for operational trends, performance and in order to improve our sites.
2. Information you give us
No personal information is collected without your prior consent. We collect your personal information when you voluntarily communicate with us through our Sites, participate in a contest or promotion, subscribe to a service, open an account or by other similar means. When you set up an account with us, we will ask for personal information like you name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, address, credit card or banking information if you subscribe to certain services, security questions and answer and other user preferences. When you connect with us through social media channels, you are also subject to the policies in place for use of those social media channels. Please review the privacy policies of the channels you are using to connect with us.
(CLICK to find how we will use, retain and share your personal information.)
We will retain your information including personal information for as long as is reasonably required to provide you services or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreement with you.
We will use your information including personal information for the following purposes:
-To provide, maintain, protect and improve our services;
-To accumulate survey results.
-To identify you as an “individual” in our databases;
-To authenticate and distinguish you and your account from that of other users; ?
-To distribute communications to you where you have requested them (Standard Message Rates Apply for SMS services)
-To contact you if you request it or when you might be experiencing customer service and support issues
-To ensure that you are a resident of either New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador or Prince Edward Island and to validate your residency and physical location;
-To ensure that you are at least 19 years of age or older;
-To transfer money between your AL accounts and your designated bank or credit card accounts;
-To provide you with more effective customer service
-To perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
-To tailor the information we provide to you, effectively communicate to you, and to make emails more personal, useful and interesting.
-To publish or share aggregate results of surveys, products & services purchased or used or aggregate player data.
-To disclose your personal information if it is required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
-To publish lottery winners in the web site with the winner’s photo and the amount won in the lottery.
Supplementation of Information
In order to provide certain services to you, we may on occasion supplement the personal information you submitted to us with information from third party sources.
When you register for an account, we send your name, date of birth, province, postal code and IP address to a third party to help us determine whether you are eligible to play or purchase Atlantic Lottery products.
Atlantic Lottery’s Rules and Regulations* state that you must be over 19 years of age and located within Atlantic Canada to play or purchase Atlantic Lottery products.
*Rules and Regulations means the rules and regulations that apply to the lotteries offered by ALC in Atlantic Canada and include the Rules and Regulations Respecting Lotteries and Lottery Tickets of the ILC, which apply to and govern nationally offered lotteries such as Lotto 6/49 and LOTTO MAX, the Rules and Regulations of the Atlantic Lottery Corporation, which apply to and govern regional lottery games offered by ALC within Atlantic Canada.
Disclosing & Sharing your Information
We restrict access to your personal information to authorized Atlantic Lottery employees, agents or representatives, who require access to this information in order to operate, develop or improve our products and services.
We sometimes retain third parties to assist us in serving you. They can perform specialized services such as data processing and storing, verification of residency and age of majority, trending analysis and customer services. These third parties are occasionally located outside Canada and are given only the information necessary to perform those services and are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than to carry out the service they have been contracted to provide. They are bound by contractual confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline if they fail to meet these obligations. We take appropriate steps to ensure that these third parties protect any of your personal information while it is in their possession and that they will not market to you independently.
Communications from the Sites
Special Offers and Updates
We will send you communications on special offers and, updates if you have agreed to receive these on our sites. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications, you may follow the unsubscribe instructions in each promotional communication.
We will send you service-related announcements when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You may not opt-out of these communications.
Protecting Your Information
How We Protect Your Information
Atlantic Lottery follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our sites may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that privacy policies vary from site to site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites to which our sites may link.
Integrity of Your Personal Information
AL processes your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate but we depend on you to update or correct your personal information whenever necessary. When you enter sensitive information such as credit card number, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You may access your personal information on our sites to review it, make corrections, or request its destruction by logging into your account reviewing the information and making the changes yourself. We will ask you to authenticate yourself and we may decline to process your request if it jeopardizes the privacy of others, if it is unreasonable or if it is extremely impractical or if AL is required by law or for legitimate business purposes to retain it. Some of our sites have different procedures to access, correct or delete your personal information. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you by email, or by means of a notice on our home page, prior to the change becoming effective. If you continue to use our sites once you have received notification of the changes, you are implicitly consenting to the changes made.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Atlantic Lottery Corporation
PO Box 5500
922 Main Street
Moncton, NB, E1C 8W6