Welcome to Atlantic Lottery’s new lottery game that is unlike any lottery game you’ve ever played before. Instead of playing your favourite numbers, you choose your favourite places – your home, where you work, the place where you had your first kiss for example.
We’ve mapped Atlantic Canada and divided into squares we call Geos. Players choose one more Geos which can be found by searching by postal code, town or favourite place or by zooming in and out on the map. Each Geo costs $7.50 and players buy the right to own that Geo for 30 days of draws. That’s only 25 cents a day!
- Start by finding a Geo by entering a postal code or street address or other options in the search box. (Start by finding your house!)
- Then, navigate the map to determine the preferred Geo by zooming in and out.
- Click on a vacant Geo to select it. (Psst…while Players can “select” Geos without logging in, they’ll need to log in to their alc.ca wagering account to “reserve” geos).
- Log in to your www.alc.ca wagering account or log in directly to www.Geosweep.alc.ca. If you don’t have an account it’s easy to create one, just go to www.alc.ca and click the “Register” link in the top right, and fill out the registration form.
- You can view your chosen Geos in your shopping basket! (Reserved Geos are not available to be reserved or occupied by other players. Reserved Geos do not participate in the draws).
- To buy your reserved Geos, follow the prompts. You’ll use your alc.ca wagering account to purchase your Geos. Only Geos confirmed as purchased participate in the draws.
- Then...have some fun! Move or relocate your occupied Geos, view your occupied Geos, name or rename Geos, and/or see how many people are watching your Geo. Make a “Wish List”! Keep tabs on Geos that are already occupied and be notified once they become available.
- Subscription players can also pay to occupy additional Geos!
- What are you waiting for? Get on the map today!
- Pay and Play – Players who choose to play the game by Pay & Play purchase their Geo(s) for a one time period of 30 days. After 30 days, the Geos are released. Pay & Play players are not able to add additional Geos until the expiration of 30 days from the date of payment. A Pay and Play player may add more Geo(s) by becoming a Subscription player; however once you have chosen to play by Subscription play, you cannot return to Pay and Play.
- Subscription Play (most convenient) – Keep your Geos! The Subscription Player pays to occupy the selected Geos over the period of 30 consecutive days and where, thereafter, automatic renewal payments are made in advance every 30 days until such time as the player cancels her/his subscription. Subscription players have a limit of 30 Occupied Geo(s). Subscription players may add additional Geos to their Subscription at any period.
Subscription players can also earn GeoCredits, which are can be redeemed for free play! Players earn GeoCredits by inviting their friends to play, adding a tagline to one of your Geos and sharing it on Facebook or Twitter, or by participating in promotions.
Every day at approximately 12:00 p.m. AST, two draws will take place;
GeoSweep Draw – A Geo is randomly drawn and draws from all of the available Geos on the map to be the winner of the top prize of $250,000.
The Daily Guarantee Draw – A Geo is randomly drawn and draws from only from occupied Geos to win $1,000. In other words only purchased Geos will be entered into this draw.
Runner-up prizes are also available to players who have Geos in the area known as the Prize Zone, which is the area of at least 100 Geos surrounding the winning Geo for both draws (but in the case of the GeoSweep draw, only if the winning Geo from the draw is occupied).
*For more information on GeoSweep check out the GeoSweep How to play video
Flash not enabled