The following are some suggestions to try if you are experiencing any difficulties with playing any of our games:
- Before trying any of the suggestions below, we suggest that you clear your cache. Your cache is a temporary storage area where frequently accessed data is stored for rapid access. To clear your cache in Internet Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, choose Delete Cookies and Delete Files from the Temporary Internet Files section. Then, choose Clear History in the History section. For FireFox, go to Tools, Options, Advanced, and then Network. Then choose Clear Now.
- Your computer can slow down if it is running too many programs at once. Try shutting down other programs that are not required. You can view all running programs and processes by holding down the keys Ctrl, Alt and Del at the same time.
- Downloading movies, music and other files at the same time that you’re trying to play games on alc.ca can affect the play experience.
- Check that your Flash player is installed, operating correctly and up-to-date by going to
- Check that your pop-up blocker and/or firewall are not blocking access to the games. If you use the Windows pop-up blocker, you should see a notification at the top of your screen if the game(s) are being blocked when you try to access them. Also, add the alc.ca domain to your trusted sites: In Internet Explorer, go to Tools/Internet Options and click on the Security tab. Click on Trusted Sites and then Sites. Add the following to the list: www.alc.ca. With FireFox, go to Tools, Options, Security, Exceptions and add the following to the list: www.alc.ca
- Make sure your browser is set up to automatically check for updates.
- You could add "alc.ca" to your trusted sites section. This allows you to choose which sites you deem safe and can run at a low security level. Just click on the "Tools" menu and select "Internet Options". Click on the "Security" tab. Click on the green circle with a white check marked "Trusted Sites". In the space provided, enter "alc.ca." Click the "Add" button.
- Firewall settings could cause issues with updating the Flash player, especially if the user is not set up as an administrator.
Also, Windows 98 sometime has issues with latest Flash plug-in, for example if you try to upgrade the Flash plug-in and then try to access a game, you will often have issues and these are not predictable. The solution is to upgrade the operating system from Windows 98.
- If you are still having difficulties and you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer as your browser, try downloading and using Firefox instead. Firefox can be downloaded at www.mozilla.com/firefox.
Dial-up internet connection
Please note that graphical games on alc.ca, such as iBingo and Pick‘n Click games, operate better via a high-speed internet connection. Although the games may work, ALC does not guarantee the level of play experience when accessing these games with slower internet connections. Your transaction and money are never at risk; however the game play experience can vary based on internet speed. Symptoms of a slow internet connection include slow screen refreshes, loss of sound or slow number calling speed in iBingo games.
If you have tried all of the above and are still experiencing difficulty playing our games, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll-free number 1-877-252-3287.