Prize Claim Process for RetailPrize Claim Process for ALC.ca
Prize Claim Process for Retail
“I think I’ve won a prize, now what do I do?”
If you believe you have a winning ticket, please review the steps below to ensure your prize claim is processed as promptly as possible.
If you have not already signed your ticket, please do so now. Atlantic Lottery (AL) requires that all tickets (except Breakopen) be signed before they can be validated. By signing your ticket, you are protecting your potential winnings from being claimed by anyone else.
Verify the numbers on your ticket with the winning numbers for that draw date. You can find winning numbers in a variety of different locations including:
- The Atlantic Lottery (AL) website at corp.alc.ca/WinningNumbers.aspx
- Most newspapers across the Atlantic region
- Our winning numbers are available by phone at 1-800-561-3942.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of a discrepancy between winning numbers identified above and the official winning numbers report, the latter will prevail.
If you believe you have won a prize, please confirm your win by following the guidelines identified below.
- If your ticket is worth $250 or less, it can be redeemed at most lottery retail locations.
- If your ticket is worth $9,999.99 or less, it can be redeemed at any branch of the Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) in Atlantic Canada.
- If your ticket is worth $10,000 or more, present it to an AL office. Lottery offices are located in Moncton, NB, Dartmouth, NS and St. John’s, NL. If you visit an AL regional office (Dartmouth, NS or St. John’s, NL) to claim your prize, you will always be required to make a return trip to pick up your cheque as all prizes worth $10,000 or more must be processed through AL's head office in Moncton. It will normally take between two to five days before you receive your prize.
PLEASE NOTE: For prizes of $10,000 and more, the player receipt will say “Claim Centrally” which means you should present your ticket to an AL office. The player receipt will also say “Complete Claim Form” and it will also show the amount of the win. You will be asked to sign and complete the back of the ticket, if you have not already done this.
Even though your ticket may not be the only documentation you will need to claim your prize, it is the most important one. To better protect your winnings, AL also recommends that you take a photocopy of your winning ticket.
NOTE: Effective September 1, 2010, Atlantic Lottery is no longer processing by mail any tickets that can be validated and redeemed at any of our lottery retail locations across Atlantic Canada. We will continue to process by mail any tickets that can’t be validated at a retail location because of exceptional circumstances (purchased by a tourist, or an expired ticket for example).
If you have a ticket that can’t be redeemed at a retail location, please follow the following process:
- Under $1000, please send the ticket to alc
- If $1000 and over, please send the ticket and complete the attached player claim form and return it to us along with your ticket(s).
To ensure that only those who are of age (19+) are playing and redeeming our products, we also require a photocopy of government-issued photo ID (a driver’s licence or passport for example). For those who do not have photo ID, we will accept photocopies of two pieces of secondary ID such as a birth certificate or Medicare card.
For prize claims of $10,000 or more, please contact AL at 1-800-561-3942 for more details about how to claim your prize. During the call, you will be asked a few questions related to your claim. In order to process your prize claim, you are required to present your ticket and two pieces of identification (including one piece of Photo ID) with you to AL. For group wins, all members will be required to sign a Group Agreement Form before the payment can be issued.
Because of enhanced security procedures, prize claims of $10,000 or more or Related Party prize claims greater that $999 will take about three hours from the time the ticket is presented at AL.
If you visit an AL regional office to claim your prize, you will always be required to make a return trip to pick up your cheque as all prizes worth $10,000 or more must be processed through AL's head office in Moncton. It will normally take between two to five days before you receive your prize.
If you are a Related Party there is a mandatory claim review period of at least 30 days before paying a prize of $999 and over, to allow for a full review of each and every claim. Retailers and retail employees who have stamped their Draw-based and Sports tickets by using the "Retailer Play" button will be exempted from the 30-day review period.
Once your prize is ready, you will meet or speak with an AL communications representative about your win. The communications representative will take your photo and may conduct a brief interview. All the details about winner publicity can be found in the AL Winners Information Publicity Policy. This completes the prize claiming and winning experience.
* Step 5 applies to all wins of $20,000 and more; however, depending upon the game and prize, it may also apply to some wins between $10,000 and $20,000.
Prize Claim Process for ALC.ca
Prizes automatically added to your ALC.ca wagering account:
The following prizes are deposited or credited directly to your account:
- Cash prizes of $10,000 and under
- Free plays
Prizes that must be claimed at our Office:
- Cash prizes of over $10,000
- Any prizes that are automatically awarded to your account that are won on the same transaction as a prize that must be claimed at our office. For example, if you win merchandise and a free play on the same transaction, you must claim all prizes at our office.
Please contact AL at 1-800-561-3942 for information about how to claim the above prizes.
Our prize office
AL's Prize Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (the office is closed during statutory holidays). When claiming a prize at AL's Prize Office, the holder of winning ticket must present two pieces of identification containing a current address and a current photograph.
It is important to know that when claiming a prize, the holder of a winning ticket grants AL the right to use his or her full name, city, province, prize amount, and current photograph. This information will be used for publicizing winnings and promoting lottery games.
If you have questions, please call our Customer Care Centre at 1-800-561-3942.
If you ever win the lottery, you’ll probably have lots of questions about the money and how this win will affect you. You Won! is a brochure for winners with general information about investing, taxing questions, being in the spotlight and donation requests. It’s available in Adobe Acrobat/PDF format.
If you don't have Adobe Acrobat on your system, don't worry. It's a snap to install.
Download Adobe Acrobat